Contents hide1 Warwick Castle is not just the most frequented tourist sight in the UK but is a beautiful place for family days out.
Warwick Castle is not just the most frequented tourist sight in the UK but is a beautiful place for family days out.
Visit Warwick Castle and run into the incredible 1000 years of history. You can expect shows, displays, and activities every day at Warwick Castle. The Warwick Castle day trip consists castle’s armory access, The great Hall and state rooms. Also, you can visit gardens ramparts and Towers. In addition, we can offer you the hotels near Warwick Castle if you hang over. You also will find a guide to places to visit near Warwick Castle.
Warwick Castle History
Is Warwick Castle worth visiting?
Explore the 60 acres of landscaped grounds and gardens. The Warwick Castle day trip tour includes the beautiful Peacock Garden and Conservatory, the Victorian Rose Garden, and Pageant Field. Throughout the year, there is a fantastic program of events including birds of prey, jousting and the world’s most massive trebuchet in action.
Climb the bulwarks or meander around the notable town focus. Get the UK’s greatest shows at the NEC. Get your beats hustling at close-by Silverstone and the Heritage Motor Centre.
The Castle is an iconic and well-known Great Britain attraction with a spectacular history. Warwick Castle was a witness of many bloody fights and battles in the history of England. Check out the Dungeon which is the most frightening part of the Castle. Enjoy understanding the historical past of the Guard’s Room, Bear Tower, and the Watergate Tower.
Visit with Friends and Family
If you are planning to visit Warwick Castle with your family, this is one of the best places for you.
Without a double, the Mock fights and archery and sword fighting events demos and demonstrations of middle ages can give your kids an enjoyable day.
The lawns and space to seat with friends or family are available for everyone. In case, you might like to have a picnic with your friends and family. Everyone should be able to find their own space, even on the busy day to have a picnic with loved ones on a beautiful day.
Warwick Castle Day Trip
Discover and access the 1,000 years history of the Castle on one of our awesome tours. Visit Warwick Castle’s State Rooms, Great Hall. Experience the Kingmaker, a test of the 15th-century battles. In addition, direct tickets are available upon arrival to visit Warwick Castle. However, in some seasons that is not a good idea, as you might experience the disappointments.
The Castle Dungeon may not be suitable for everybody but is available as an extra attraction within the Warwick Castle visit. Dungeon part included on some tickets but not on all. The ticket for visiting the Dungeon is subject to availability. However, with changing your mind when you are inside the Castle, you can buy some limited numbers of tickets available to purchase from the ticket Tent.
Places to visit near Warwick Castle
The following are the places to visit near Warwick Castle. Most of them are just a few minutes away from the castle.
- The Mill Garden This garden lays in a marvelous environment around Avon Riverside down below Warwick Castle walls.
- Old Court House is an Information Centre for visitors and exhibits the Warwick’s history
- The Yeomanry Museum Museum of artwork, historical regiment, military services weapons, uniforms and outfits, & more.
- Collegiate Church of St Mary’s
- St Nicholas Park, 8 minutes away the park locally known as “St. Nick’s” and is in the middle of Warwick. From the south side, bordered with the River Avon.
- The Royal Regiment of Fusiliers Museum (Royal Warwickshire) also is military services history museum.
- Warwickshire Museum (Market Hall Museum) a natural and cultural heritage museum.
- Hill Close Gardens Extraordinary Victorian gardens style is a peaceful place to relax.
- If you are interested in markets, don’t forget to pay a visit to the Warwick Market.
- The Antique collectors also should try the Warwick Antique Centre.
- For the refreshments and drinks try The old post office (PUB)
- Adventure Sports The massive outdoor activity is one of the best places to visit near Warwick Castle. The center provides Rally Karts, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Go Karts race, Paintball, Quad Bike Trekking, 4×4 driving (off-road) and much more. The Adventure Sports is 1.7 miles away from the Castle.
- Finally, if you are a fan of a horse racing course, the Warwick Racecourse is the place for you.
How to go to Warwick Castle from London?
You can go by your own ride to Warwick. However, the carparks are not free and the ones near the castle are more costly. But there are some other places that are cheaper, but are about 10 minutes walking distance from the castle. For driving toward the castle put the postcode of the Warwick Castle (CV34 4QU) in your Google map or other GPS.
How long does it take to travel from Warwick to London Marylebone by train?
The regular trip time period between London Marylebone and Warwick is usually 1 hour 43 minutes. Sometimes, it might take longer on weekends or holidays. The distance is about 80- 85miles. On weekdays normally, 25 trains go to London Marylebone Station from Warwick. Train tickets cost starts from £5.50.
Is there a direct bus between London and Warwick?
Yes, Coach companies like National Express, Megabús, Intercape, providing the service between London and Warwick. Sometimes you might find the bus tickets for under £5. The journey takes about two hours and forty minutes.
The Opening hours from Monday to Sunday is from 10am to 5pm. Please notice that the Castle is available from 10 am and the closure hour is between 4 and 5 pm.
Also, read about Windsor Castle.