The latest UK Immigration News that you need to know as a tourist visiting the country. This will help you a lot.
The UK Immigration Rules have received some autumn changes that take effect on the 24th of November 2016.
What is the latest UK Immigration News that you need to know as a tourist visiting the country? Lot has happened this last month that affects all visiting and living in the country. As the world is evolving so the visa policy. Let us catch up with all the happening in the country and what you, as a tourist, needs to know!
News For Immigration Rules Taking Effect on 24th November 2016
The UK Immigration Rules have received some autumn changes that take effect on the 24th of November 2016. These changes are essential to know. Though there are more changes on the Horizon. But at this time these are the prime changes. The latest UK Immigration news is:
- There will be a salary increase to £30,000 for new Tier 2 ICT (Intra-company Transfer) short-term hires. That’s a great news for them.
- There will not be a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer sub-category available for new applications.
- The general hires for new entries to the Tier 2 will increase to £25,000. (This does not apply to workers sponsored before the 24th November 2016. People who have already applied for a Tier 2 General visa.)
- There will be an increase of 5–20 per year per sponsor for Graduate Trainee places.
- The UK Immigration news has also stated that nurses will remain on the Shortage Occupations List. They will require a Resident Labour Market test before assigning them with a Certificate of Sponsorship. This is crucial to note. This test is a must one before immigration. So, don’t think and do it. It will save you time. As stated above, these are the latest changes.
- There will be a decrease in the salary threshold for Tier 2 Graduate Trainees and they will receive £23,000. But it can increase as it decreases. All depends upon the GDP of the country.
- The Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship monthly allocation systems changing for hiring overseas graduates as they will weigh it down,
The great impact on the visitor is the 28-day grace period for staying longer in the country as it’s abolished. When applying to visit the country longer visitors will have to provide a good reason within 14-days before their leaves up. This will save you from unexpected situations. So, take it seriously. This will take some time but you must have to do it. But changes in the Visa policy happens seldom. You can get all the latest information from the GOV.UK site. Most people overlook this website. You should do this.
Faster Entry for Visitors, visiting the UK
There are some other important changes. Such as the change in the Government’s Registered Traveller Services. This will help the business community immensely. So, don’t make haste. As the happiness of this change can make you forget about other lastest policies. Keep yourself updated. This is crucial. As it will help in the end. So, you can collect your visa early.
What does this mean?
It means that from the 21st of November they entitle all frequent travellers to the United Kingdom to apply for membership in the scheme. So, this will help to improve both trades and tourism links.
This is excellent news. As, it allows permitted members who have already undergone advanced security checks, to enter the UK border faster through the Passport gates. That’s progress in the Visa policy. You can get all the latest information from the GOV.UK site. It will help you to keep you up-to-date.