The latest UK Immigration News that you need to know as a tourist visiting the country.
The UK Immigration Rules have received some autumn changes that take effect on the 24th November 2016.
What is the latest UK Immigration News that you need to know as a tourist visiting the country? Loads have happened this last month that affects all visiting and living in the country. Let us catch up with all the happening in the country and what you, as a tourist needs to know!
New For Immigration Rules Taking Effect on 24th November 2016
The UK Immigration Rules have received some autumn changes that take effect on the 24th November 2016. The latest UK Immigration news is as follows:
- There will be a salary increase to £30,000 for new Tier 2 ICT (Intra-company Transfer) short term hires,
- There will not be a Tier 2 Intra-company Transfer sub-category available for new applications,
- The general hires for new entries to the Tier 2 will increase to £25,000 (this does not apply to workers sponsored before the 24th November 2016 who has already applied for a Tier 2 General visa.)
- There will be an increase of 5 – 20 per year per sponsor for Graduate Trainee places,
- The UK Immigration news has also stated that nurses will remain on the Shortage Occupations list and they will require a Resident Labour Market test before assigning them with a Certificate of Sponsorship,
- There will be a decrease in the salary threshold for Tier 2 Graduate Trainees and they will receive £23,000,
- The Tier 2 Certificate of Sponsorship monthly allocation systems changing when it comes to hiring overseas graduates as it will be weighed down,
- UK Immigration news that has a great impact on the visitor is the 28-day grace period for staying longer in the country as it’s abolished. When applying to visit the country longer visitors will have to provide a good reason within 14-days before their leaves up.
Faster Entry for Visitors, visiting the UK
Other important changes taking place that business travellers and visitors from different countries will be pleased about is the transformation in the Government’s Registered Traveller Services. What does this mean? The UK Immigration news is that from the 21st November all frequent travellers to the United Kingdom is entitled to apply for membership of the scheme, this will help to improve both trades, and tourism links.
This is excellent news as it allows permitted members who have already undergone advanced security checks, to enter the UK border faster through the ePassport gates. For more information and the application form, you can visit the GOV.UK site.