Here you will find many useful tips to make your London Vacation smother.
London travel can happen smoother if you are aware of the bellow tips. Just go through them and get the advantage of them for London Vacation. OK, where to begin? Do you need a London travel guide? You can check out our Complete London City Guide. But for now, Let’s start with the airports.
London has 5 airports. But the busiest one is London Heathrow Airport. After that, we have Gatwick Airport, Stansted Airport, Luton Airport, and London City Airport. But, All London airports are well-connected to central London. So, you have several transport choices from every airport. Shuttle buses, taxis, trains and the underground all are operating from the London airports to this great City. We have gathered some information about travelling from London Airports to the city. It all depends upon you how much benefit you get from it. This will help you. Click on any airport to get the information you need.
Do You Need A Oyster Card for London Travel?
- Since we know about London Airport, now is good to find out about the Oyster card. for that, we have explained about Oyster Card, Visitor Oyster Card, or Contactless Cards here. You can read the article and see why we suggest getting the oyster card even before your London vacation. In short, the Oyster card can make your journey easier and cheaper. As we mentioned before, you can buy a Visitor Oyster Card in advance and get it delivered to your address before you start your travel to London. You can start using it at the airport. In the case of forgetting to buy your Oyster card in advance, don’t panic! They are available at the airports. But, you can use your many bank cards instead of the Oyster card and the price is the same. You can take many benefits from these services.
About the Bed and Breakfast (B&B) residence In your London Travel
- Most Bed and Breakfast (B&B) accommodations provide traditional English breakfasts of fried eggs, sausages, bread, tomatoes, beans, and mushrooms. Many have a light buffet-style breakfast which contains cereals, yoghurts, and so on. If you would like to have different things or have specific allergic reactions, just email your hotel and let them know in advance. Do you want to know how to find cheaper hotels in London? Here we published an article to give you some tips and show you how to find cheap areas to stay in London? This can help you instantly. Knowledge always helps you. But knowing the cheap hotels can save you from bankruptcy during your visit.
Pubs & Cafe
- Pubs or cafes are fast, reasonable, and available for breakfast or lunch, but not necessarily great. Local bakeries also offer takeaway options. In the UK, French fries (called chips) with ketchup or vinegar. There are countless options. It depends upon you how you manage things. But, remember the quality demands a price. So, always prepare to spend money to get the value. Your breakfast can become superb if you have great taste.
London Vacation -Transport
- Walking or using buses in London, allow you to discover more of the city. However, if you have a quick ride, just use the underground (Metro) and avoid it during rush hours if you can.
- London street maps are FREE and normally available at the hotel’s reception, hotel’s lobby, or underground Stations.
- Stand on the correct side (Right) on tube escalators; walk on the left-hand side.
- If you are going somewhere by train (National Rail), cut the costs by buying a Rail pass and use it on off pick (normally after 9:30 am).
- For travelling outside the city, if you want to work it out cheaper, use the coaches. Your journey might take longer compared to trains, but much more affordable. This can save you a lot of money.
- In the UK, cars drive on the left side of the street. Remember to check to the RIGHT before walking to the other side from a kerb.
- If you hold a valid United States driver’s license, they do not require a global one in the United Kingdom.
- In the case of hiring a car in the UK, until you feel confident about the left-hand drive and changing the gears, arrange an automatic car.
- Fuel or Petrol stations are few and far in between, especially in the countrysides. So, maintain your tank full. Also, the Stations are self-serve. This will help you to prevent some unexpected situations. Keeping things in check will help you.
- The countryside roads are very narrow, so get ready for it!
Paying Tips to Services in your London Travel
- In your London Vacation, Paying Tips to a service is not a must in the UK. But, you can pay tips if you are happy with the service. But because of low wages, people are relying on your tips.
- The following information might help to have a better time on your London Travel.